The CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme (previously the Carbon Reduction Commitment) is a carbon emissions reporting requirement which is mandatory for most organisations in the UK who used more than 6,000MWh per year of electricity through HH meters between 1st April 2012 and 31st March 2013.
Our expert team is on hand to help your business manage the CRC process from start to finish.
The CRC has three primary elements:
1. Collate and report energy supplies applicable to CRC
Participants in the CRC scheme must measure and report their carbon emissions from their electricity and gas usage annually following a specific set of measurement rules.
2. Buy and submit allowances
Participants are required to buy allowances for every tonne of carbon they report under the scheme. You’ll need to buy allowances from the Government each year to cover your reported emissions.
3. Keeping your evidence pack up-to date
All data relating to your usage and emissions must be kept up to date in your evidence pack. The CRC administrator must also be notified of certain changes to your organisation.
What we'll do for you
- Establish the list of supplies that must be reported on for the CRC scheme and complete the reporting requirements
- Help you submit your annual report containing usage and emissions data
- Help you to buy allowances from the Government each year to cover your reported emissions. We will provide guidance on the forecast and buy-to-comply sale options. Act as point of contact to provide ongoing support for CRC guidance and rules
Want to know what pieces of energy compliance legislation will affect your business? Use our compliance checker