Power Purchase Agreements
Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) are essentially a contract between two parties, one who generates electricity (the developer) and one who is looking to purchase electricity (the end-user). At Mitie Energy we have extensive experience of setting up and managing PPAs and making these agreements simple and beneficial for both parties.
PPAs for end-users
A PPA creates long-term price certainty reducing risk and protects you against potential higher energy prices in the future. It also helps stimulate additional renewable energy supply in the UK. With mechanisms that allow either fixed or floating prices, the energy secured via a PPA can be on favourable commercial terms to both developers and end-users.
Our PPA procurement services can help you with any or every stage of the process, from identifying your requirements, through to securing your agreement and then managing the performance of the contract over time. If you're considering buying your energy using a PPA we’ll be on hand to help you through the process.
What we'll do for you:
- Work with you to create a plan to help you secure the right PPA for your business
- Work with you to identify the right source of energy whether that be wind, hydro, solar or Combined Heat and Power
- Create a full project schedule including delivery of electricity and all details about payment
- Manage the performance of the PPA throughout its contract
PPAs for developers
If you're a generator of renewable energy and would like to find the best way to sell this energy we can help you manage this process, working with you to generate reliable income from the energy you sell. Mitie Energy's expert PPA.
Service is designed to be flexible and tailored to the individual generator’s needs and we have a proven track record of finding suitable end-users for PPA projects we market.
Developers view Mitie Energy as a trusted partner offering a bespoke service that reflects a project’s balance of risk and revenue. We support developers in achieving their preferred PPA terms, using our in-depth understanding of the energy markets and policy environment.
We can market PPAs for wind, hydro, solar and Combined Heat and Power (CHP).
What we'll do for you:
- Help you develop a strategy to sell your energy
- Help find a suitable end-user for your development
- We'll register your project with OFGEM and ensure you meet the compliance requirements to become an accredited generator
- We’ll continue to support you, sharing insight about market movements which may affect your strategy now and in the future
- Help you continue to monitor your investment in generation